Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ben's Reading Performance!

Ben is in the 2nd grade. He had a lot of difficulty reading at the beginning of the school year and has really been struggling to improve.


Monday night, the school district put on 'ELKO COUNTY READS' night-I really don't know how to describe what this is, but basically it is to try to get kids to read more. There are booths/tables set up at one of the local schools, books, books & books for the kids, GS interests, seeing eye dog info, mining info, BLM info, etc...



In the gym, classes and individuals performed readings!

Ben's class performed Aesop's Fables. 2-3 kids at a time stepped up to the microphones and read their fable. Ben's group read the Town Mouse and the Country Mouse. He read his part very clearly and without stumbling. We are so proud of Ben for working so hard to be able to read and to be able to read out loud in front of 4-6 dozen people! Another WAY TO GO, BEN!!!

1 comment:

M&M_Mama said...

Yea Ben!! I love that story. I'll have to have you read me your part when I see you sometime. Oh by the way, Mesa wrote you guys a letter I guess. (My mom helped her and then mailed it.) Don't know what it said, but hopefully you'll get it soon. Take care!