Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve!

Family Traditions:
Family dinner of Lasagna and Chocolate Delight Dessert (we tried to change the menu one year, and it was Just NOT the same!) Then we open Family Christmas Presents!!
I can remember just DYING after dinner as a kid and the 'grown ups' taking FOREVER to clean up the dishes and come to the Christmas tree to open presents! I can also remember being with TONS of family--cousins all over the place, aunts & uncles (that came with the cousins), and NaNa & Grandpa, and of course my own parents and brothers and sister. Ahhhhh, all that NoIsE and ChAoS!!

Our Christmases are quiet, just us and Granma Nancy and Granpa Dick. We have Lasagna and Chocolate Delight Dessert, and then clean up.
And the kids keep coming in to the kitchen, "Come on! Let's OPEN presents now!!!" We LOVE torturing our kids, I told them that we (Dad, Granma & Granpa & I) decided to wait until Christmas morning to open the presents. Oh, the gasps and crying, then the whining!! Just kidding, kids! The 10-15 minutes while we cleaned up the kitchen a little was just Aweful, for the kids!! So, on goes the TV while they wait, it hasn't been on ALL day-so peaceful!
So, putting the kids out of their misery, or rather, putting ourselves out of misery-we made it to the Living Room to open presents!

I think they were all Very Happy with what they got! Now, to get them to bed so that Santa can visit!

No comments: